They checked me and I was still only a 3 but definitely in labor. They couldn't admit me till I was a 4 so they gave me an hour to see what my body would do. After an hour of HORRIBLE contractions I had only progressed a smidge! What?! Really?! I thought for sure I was AT LEAST a 4! In my mind I was thinking "If they don't admit me, what will I do?!" I was in so much pain and KNEW I would just be walking back through those doors in another hour or two. My nurse saw how much pain I was in and knew I was in labor so she spoke to her manager and called my doctor to get me admitted. HALLELUJAH! At that point all I wanted was my dang epidural! After being stuck 4 times they finally got an iv in me, got me my room and got the anesthesiologist. I have never been so happy to see someone in my life! I got the epidural and oh was life good! I remember trying not to burst out laughing because I felt SO GOOD! When I got in my room they checked me and I was a good 5. At 8:30 am Dr. Messer came in a checked me and I was still a 5 so she broke my water. At 10:30 am my nurse checked me and was like "you're like 9.75". Centimeters? what?! I was not prepared to hear that! Holy panic sets in. All I can think is "Am I ready? Do I even know how to push? I don't know what to do!" Luckily my sweet husband and mother were there to reassure me that it would all be okay! After only 40 minutes of pushing, my precious little Branson Russell was born Tuesday, December 6th at 12:33pm weighing in at 7 lbs 14 oz and 22 inches long. BEST.MOMENT.OF.MY.LIFE! I will never forget the way I felt when I heard him and held him for the first time. Words cannot describe.
Don't judge my holy swolleness. They pumped fluid in me like no other!
Proud daddy!
Grandma Standifird
Nana (Justin's mom)
Hayley and Dallin
My brother Brady
Getting ready to go home!
Pure perfection!
The next couple weeks were quite an adjustment and recovery was hard at times but Justin took such great care of me and Branson! I honestly don't know what I would have done without him! He was amazing through it all and I am so grateful for him! I am one lucky girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment